Residential Live-In Maintenance Manager
Kipling Group is a full service, multifaceted real estate management organization, catering to large institutional clients, private equity funds and high net worth individuals. Kipling manages all asset classes and through Forest Hill Kipling, manages multi-family residential and condominium properties.
The objective of Forest Hill Kipling is to re-define residential property management in Canada through superior resident satisfaction and innovation in marketing, leasing and property operations. We deliver an integrated and complete property management model to our valued clients. By combining Kipling Group's many decades of experience in the management of privately and institutionally owned commercial and residential properties, with the industry leading luxury service delivery expertise of The Forest Hill Group, the Complete Service Model is a true differentiator in the upscale condominium and luxury rental marketplace.
Kipling is currently looking for a Residential Live-In Maintenance Manager to oversee a 2-year old modern property located in Kitchener, Ontario. You must have a service-oriented approach, excellent communication skills, be willing to work flexible hours, and be confident and comfortable as the building’s liaison with the residents and the community.
You will work and live on site and be on call and available to work on weekends if needed. In this role, you will be responsible for property maintenance including building mechanical systems, administrative duties and showing of vacant suites.
- Professionally and courteously handle all inquiries, feedback, complaints or concerns.
- Ensure a high level of resident relations is maintained through regular contact and proactive attention to resident needs
- Meet and interact with residents and prospective residents in a courteous and professional manner
- Foster a strong customer service culture among all staff
- Promote a strong sense of community
- Responding to tenant inquiries and providing superior customer service
- Welcome and assist all residents and visitors in the office
- Answer and direct all incoming telephone calls in a courteous and professional manner
- Liaise with building staff and contract staff to resolve resident maintenance issues as expeditiously as possible
- Responsible for building maintenance, repairs, property upkeep and cleaning
- Minor electrical, plumbing and mechanical repairs
- Oversees the interior and exterior maintenance and repairs, landscaping and painting, electrical and plumbing systems, windows, doors, elevators and floors.
- Oversee all property management responsibilities including coverage, cleaning, repairs and maintenance
- Establishes relationships with suppliers, vendors, contractors, and all others serving the community and company
- Respond to after-hours emergencies
- Complete other duties as assigned
- A passion for excellence in customer service delivery
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Strong command of MS Office products: Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Yardi Software.
- Detail-oriented; ability to resolve problems using facts, sound reasoning and common sense
- Self-starter with high degree of initiative, creativity and flexibility
- 3-5 years of experience in Property Management
Kipling supports equal opportunities and invests in a diverse and multicultural work force that values individuals with unique personalities, goals, backgrounds and views. This reinforces Kipling's culture, enhances collaboration and makes for an inclusive work environment.
Kipling will work with individuals requiring accommodation throughout the hiring process. If you require accommodation, please advise our HR team by emailing email@example.com